Thursday, September 06, 2007

Writer's Meme

I saw this on Michelle Gregory's blog and thought I'd give it a whirl. Thanks Michelle, for permission. Any other writers who want to answer these questions, let me know.

1. What’s the one book or writing project you haven’t yet written but still hope to? Yikes, so many. Every Memorial Day I visit a cemetery in a town near my home. There I discovered the grave of a woman and her family that truly intrigues me. I want to write a fictitious account of this woman's life. It would have to be fictitious since I know nothing about her except when she was born and all the other tidbits you learn from reading a grave marker.


Several years ago I had a dream that gave me the idea for a western type historical. This project is so far removed from what I typically write, but I am excited to give it a try. There are others. I usually have about 5 book ideas brewing in my head at any given time.


2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with? I am currently trying to finish Mary Jane Clark's When Day Breaks. I have renewed it three times already from my public library. Not enuf hours for pleasure reading. I also have a stack of books I picked up at the Intl. Christian Booksellers Show in Atlanta this summer that I would love to get to.


3. What was your first writing “instrument” (besides pen and paper)? The PC has made a writer's life too easy to mention anything else.


4. What’s your best guess as to how many books you read in a month? Not nearly enough. If we're talking fiction, I'd have to say only 3-5.


5. Think historical fiction: what’s your favorite time period in which to read? Turn of the 20th century through Nazi Germany.


6. What’s the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)? Second Springtime. Don't remember the author, but it was about two girls who rode an Orphan Train.


If any of my blogging friends choose to answer these, let me know.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment