Thursday, October 12, 2006

Have you seen this dog?


Lots going on here the past few weeks. My fall schedule is in full swing. I have yet another craft fair this weekend at Lewis Mtn. Herbs & Everlasting in Manchester, Ohio, and I'm hustling to get things wrapped up on my current manuscript. Yesterday I had a doctor's appt. so I took my notebook and some fresh pencils to work on those last little problems that frustrate writers as they near the end of a work in progress. All those loose ends to tie up. There are plenty in this book. But I am loving the process.

Thunderstorms and possible tornados ravaged central Ohio last night, but we missed the brunt of the storm. Afterwards I let Molly and Angel outside to tour the damage, and Molly hasn't come back yet. It's breakfast time and she should be here. When she isn't here warm and dry where I can keep an eye on her, I always imagine she's out there somewhere cold and hurt and alone and scared. I don't know why I do this to myself. After the night she came home with a turtle hook caught in her mouth, I wonder what other dangers she'll find out there. Part terrier, part border collie, and who knows what else, she's always on the lookout for mischief.

If you see her, send her home. She knows the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment