Thursday, October 19, 2006

For the record, my wayward dog Molly was found a few hours after I told you she was missing. About ten a.m. I got in the van to go to the bank. If I didn't see her on my way through town, I was going to drive down her favorite side roads when I got finished with my errand. I had just backed out of the driveway and was straightening up the van when she came running across the yard. She was very excited from the noise of the van and the prospect of going for a ride. She was wet and smelly so she went inside the house instead of inside my wet and smelly van. Even though she enjoyed her little adventure, she was relieved to be home. She did her little circle dance that she does when she is very excited (a funny thing to watch a fifty pound dog do) and ran in the house and rolled all over her doggie bed. She was happy to see her sister, but Angel was annoyed at the fuss and just wanted to be left alone.

Now that things are back to normal, I am at the unpleasant stage of rewrites on my latest novel. I am still undecided about how to get a convicted killer out of prison. It's been 12 years, but he needs to be released so readers will have another suspect, among other reasons.

I am bummed that I lost my ebay auction yesterday for a Marie Osmond doll, Katie Sue. Let me tell you, she's gorgeous. She sold for only 3 dollars over my maximum bid. When I found out I had been outbid, I intended to wait until a few minutes before the end of the auction and then bid a few dollars more. Then I got engrossed in the Robert Redford/Morgan Freeman movie, An Unfinished Life (really enjoyed it) and forgot to bid. When the movie ended, I found out I lost the auction. Oh well, there will be more chances to win her before Christmas.

Enough stalling. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment