Sunday, December 17, 2006

Where is Christmas

Maintaining a web presence is time consuming and daunting at the best of times, but especially so this time of year when the last thing I have an abundance of is time. I'm hearing great things about Amazon Connect which allows authors to stay connected to readers. It doesn't take long to set up and the writer can post messages to readers. I just haven't had time to wander over to Amazon to check it out.

My website could use some tweaking, but alas I haven't got to that either for a while. All the usual distractions that come with December have been clogging up my schedule and keeping me from dedicating any major blocks of time to my writing. Consequently I haven't made much headway on my current WIP, though I assure you it will be worth the wait.

I am confident my pace will slow down when January stretches out in front of me and there is nothing else to do but write. As for now, December temps have been in the low 60's, the sun is shining, and it doesn't seem like Christmas. Until I try to find a parking spot at the local mall. Our sermon at church this morning was Where Is Your Christmas. Tonight members of the congregation performed a musical called A Smoky Mountain Christmas. Both messages reaffirmed family and faith and compassion and forgiveness--things we need more of in this life.

Help me, dear Lord, not to get bogged down in my to-do list so much that I forget what this season represents. When people look at me, I want them to see you, hear you, and experience your love and grace.

May you all be blessed this Christmas. Talk to you soon.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment