Friday, December 08, 2006

Tick Tick Tick


Pictured are Angel and Molly, the only two residents in my house not stressing over the upcoming holidays. Not really. I'm not too stressed even though the clock is ticking and I am trying to stay focused on writing while getting the house and myself ready for the next few weeks.

My husband, Ralph and I are entertaining next week and we still don't have a Christmas tree. Last year I told my son he could have our old tree when he moved out. Who knew he would ever move out or then remember I offered him the tree. He did both so I have been tree shopping for weeks. The main problem is that I hate to buy something today when I know it will be half price on December 26th. That goes against within me. So I'm looking for sales or considering a cut tree(which seems like such a waste of a beautiful tree) or buying a balled one I can plant in my yard after the holidays. The only thing with the balled trees is they are so expensive, overpriced because they know there are people like me who love the idea of a live tree in their homes that will reside in their front yard for years. I'm sure I could buy the same tree in March for half the price.

Have you noticed a pattern here? I hate to pay full price for anything and I doubly hate feeling like retailers are taking advantage of me. I was born frugal, but getting into the writing business where a steady income is a crap shoot, has made me even more careful with money.

So I really need a tree inside my house and decorated for the holidays by next week. At least my cards are in the mail and my presents are almost completely bought--and wrapped. Now I just need to plan menus for two dinners I'm hosting and party games for the first.

But I love it all. This truly is the most wonderful time of the year for me. Tonight is my church Christmas dinner that I look forward to every year. Then it's off to the stores who are having moonlight madness sales so my husband can finish his shopping and I might just pick up a thing or two of my own.

For today, I still have a book to edit. It's coming along great. I can't wait to put it in my publisher's hand at the first of the year. I hope they love it as much as I do.

Have a wonderful weekend and I will try to post to this blog more often.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment