Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My field of expertise

After every post to this blog, I vow to myself that I will post more regularly. I also vow that I will spend more time writing each day and less time wasted on computer games and telephone calls. At this time of year I have a lot of distractions...not an excuse, just the cold hard facts. There's nothing wrong with having a life. It's one of the benefits of working for myself. But at the end of the day, I look back on it and lament all the things I should have gotten done and didn't.

I am still concentrating on writing articles to post all over the web. A way to draw traffic to my site, I remind myself as another day goes by that I haven't written the first article. Why am I stalling? Laziness, mostly. I love to write. Books. Short stories. Anything but articles.

I've spent a lot of time in the last year and a half marketing my books. I've driven hundreds of miles and spent countless hours practicing and preparing speeches for the people who come out to see me at libraries. While I enjoy speaking about myself and the books, I don't think it has had much impact on book sales. There has to be an easier way to let the world know I exist and I've written some pretty good books.

There is. Write articles. Post them everywhere. Keep blogging. Save my gas money for the upcoming holiday season.

My field of expertise goes without saying. I've written and published two books. I have two more under contract with two more ready to send to the publisher. The world wants to know how I did it. Why am I making those articles so hard? I should be able to write them blindfolded. So stop stalling and get to work. The rest will take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment