Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to work

All my excuses for not getting more accomplished on my WIP or on maintaining my writing business have been exhausted. Christmas is over. My shopping is done. I returned everything that didn't fit or didn't suit me. The goose has been cooked...and eaten. Dishes washed and put away. Leftovers frozen, the tree is down and stowed away for another year. Even most of the Bowl games are over. There's nothing left to keep me from getting to work. Starting today.

A brand new year is like a brand new notebook. Clean, full of promise, just begging me to fill it with memories and observances. Make something happen. Let this be the year I dedicate myself fully to the calling God has placed on my heart. May this be the year that everything I do, every action, every word, every stroke of the pen, be for his glory. Wholly devoted to the King.

What an exciting moment! Let me not squander it.
Someone challenged me to write my mission statement for 2008 in 10 words or less. For me to do anything in 10 words or less is a big task, but I'm going to go for it.
To lift up Jesus in my writing and my life.
Sounds a little too simplistic, too obvious. But that's what this writing thing for me is all about. Not only writing but why I am here at this point in time.
May each of you have a blessed and bountiful 2008. I pray your needs are met and you find contentment in whatever place God has put you. Let me know your goals and aspirations for '08. Share your writing victories and disappointments. I pray we can all be an encouragement to each other. That's what we're here for.


No comments:

Post a Comment