Sunday, August 26, 2007

Columbus Writers' Conference

Got home yesterday from the Columbus Writers Conference in Columbus, OH. Lots of fun and plenty to learn close to home.

I sat down to lunch on Friday with a presenter from Erie, PA, who I didn't know was a presenter at the time. We were talking about writing (what else?) and I mentioned that I have been thinking of someday writing a book on (what else?) writing. I told him and everyone at the table how much I love to speak at workshops and libraries. I have a great time doing it and get lots of positive feedback. One thing led to another and he told me how to contact the coordinator about doing a workshop at the conference. If things work out, I may be a presenter at a future conference. I'll let you know how that goes.

Tomorrow, I'm beginning a series of the knowledge I brought home from the conference. Besides my cold, that is. At this moment I'm a little unsteady with cold medicine running through my veins.

Join me Monday for a recap of classes offered and what to expect at a writers conference.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment