Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Short work week

Here it is the week of Thanksgiving and my Christmas craft fair schedule is winding down. I've met a lot of people and sold quite a few books in the last month, with plenty of time left over for holiday shopping and preparations. I have another craft fair this weekend in Chillicothe, Ohio, and then at least one weekend off. Maybe more if I decide to skip another one I have a chance to attend.

This flurry of activity has been fun and profitable. Last weekend at the Jingle Bell Craft Show in Waverly, Ohio, I sold 20 books and passed out over a hundred flyers. Many people told me they had read at least one of my books and they enjoyed it. That's fun to hear. After all the blood, sweat, and tears, my name is finally getting out there.

Just saw the cover of my next release, Redemption's Song, due out early 2006, and it is lovely. I can't wait to get my hands on the book. Waiting for a book is like waiting for a baby. Exciting, a little scary, and so many decisions to make.

Time after time, I see God's hand in this process. Exciting things are happening at the publisher's which couldn't have come about without God opening doors and creating opportunities. Found an unexpected review for A Tender Reed in Booklist trade magazine. Judy Lindley from the Hillsboro Public Library sent me a copy. Thoughtful of her. I've made new friends everywhere I turn and I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment